Or maybe even a lovely mixture of both?*is but a puddle*
Do you feel the need to be challenged as a writer in your chosen fandom?*nods*
Good, so do we. And that's why you should join us!
WARNING: Many stories posted are rated NC-17, and to view these you must be over 18. If you are reading/writing/commenting/partaking in this community in anyway, I assume you are of legal age. If I find that you are under 18, you will be asked not so nicely to leave, so consider yourself appropriately warned!
Now that that's out of the way...
This is a Remus/Sirius monthly exchange community! =) There will be slash (boy on boy action) and stories depicting the melding of my two favorite men in fiction. If this bothers you in any way, you should probably click that back button right about now. Flaming and trolling will not be tolerated, kay?
Here's how it shall work:
1) Requests (three keywords and one line of dialogue) may be submitted from the 1st to the 5th of the month, to that particular month's sign-up post. (Your comments, of course, shall be screened!)
2) Exchanges will be randomly made. (We will deliver your challenge to you by the 6th.)
3) Fics must be a minimum of 500 words, and there is no maximum. And obviously, must be S/R!
4) Completed fics should be posted from the 25th to the end of the month. Please post directly to this community, rather than a link or fake-cut. Do not post earlier than the 25th, and try your damndest not to be late. After you've posted here, feel free to post your fic to your own journal and wherever else, of course.
5) If you are finding yourself in a bind towards the end of the month, it is your responsibility to inform us--BEFORE the deadline has passed. If you've talked to us in a sufficient amount of time, there is the possibility of finding a pinch hitter, but if not, you must still write and submit your fic as soon as possible.
6) A late fic is better than no fic. If you submit your fic late, you'll be allowed to participate again. We realize that RL stuff does sometimes come up. But if you skimp on us completely, you don't get to submit prompts again, unless you go back and write the prompt that you skimped on, first.
7) Your fic is late on the first of the next month. If you haven't posted your fic by the 5th of the next month, you can't participate in that month. If it's still not posted by the 5th of the month after that, it's considered missing rather than late, and I reserve the right to refuse your participation.
8) You do not need to make a request each month. However, if you make a request, you must accept a request in turn. (Obviously.)
9) And just remember to have tons of fun while writing your prompt! As long as those three keywords and line of dialogue are present, the possibilities are nearly limitless!
When you're posting your written challenge, pretty please remember to include this template: Title: Author: Rating:* Word Count: Challenge (Recipient, keywords, and dialogue): Summary: Beta Acknowledgement:**
*See WARNING at the top of the page.
**A beta-read fic is not required, but it is highly recommended.
We're all friends here, so don't feel afraid to post any questions or concerns. Just please, no spamming! <3
Contacting the Mod! lap_otter E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org AIM name: Moonrise Shadows
Affiliates (email me if you would like to be affiliated with this community!) hp_monthly (Harry Potter) sm_monthly (Sailor Moon) hd_500 (Harry/Draco slash)
This community has been basically copied from hd_500, which was created and styled after the much-loved and much dead Harry Potter/Draco Malfoy Community, miettes_desmots. Thank you very much to anyotherknight!